Regional Haze Situation
Latest Weather and Haze Situation
There were scattered showers over the northern ASEAN region and the Java Sea area, whereas isolated showers fell over other parts of the ASEAN region. While isolated hotspots were detected, the smoke haze situation in the ASEAN region remained generally subdued.
Weather and Haze Outlook
Over the next few days, scattered showers are expected in the ASEAN region. The prevailing winds are forecast to blow mainly from the southeast or southwest, but lighter winds are expected over the equatorial region.
- All maps are to be used solely for displaying meteorological/geophysical information, and not for any other purpose. All maps are not to scale and for illustrative purpose only.
- The hotspots depicted on the map are derived from the NOAA satellite and they represent locations with possible fires. Hotspots may go undetected due to cloudy conditions or incomplete satellite pass.
- The regional haze situation is updated thrice daily at 0200 UTC, 0500 UTC and 0900 UTC upon activation of Alert Level 2. Updates at 0200 and 0500 UTC display hotspot information from night-time passes of the NOAA-20 satellite. Fewer hotspots were typically detected at night as fire activities usually peak during the day.
- Reprocessed satellite data will be availed at a later timing. The hotspot information derived from satellite data reprocessed may differ slightly from that received near real-time but reprocessing is necessary for better quality data.
- The 2500 ft winds (depicted by arrows) are model analysis winds.