Regional Haze Situation
Latest Weather and Haze Situation
Scattered showers persist over the northern ASEAN region while dry conditions prevailed over parts of Kalimantan, Java Sea region and the Lesser Sunda Islands in the southern ASEAN region. Scattered hotspots were detected in West Kalimantan but no smoke plumes were observed under cloudy conditions.
Weather and Haze Outlook
Over the next few days, dry conditions continue to persist over Java Sea region and the Lesser Sunda Islands while wet weather can be expected over the rest of the ASEAN region. The prevailing winds are expected to blow from the northeast or southeast over the southern ASEAN region, and from the southeast or southwest over the northern ASEAN region.
- All maps are to be used solely for displaying meteorological/geophysical information, and not for any other purpose. All maps are not to scale and for illustrative purpose only.
- The hotspots depicted on the map are derived from the NOAA satellite and they represent locations with possible fires. Hotspots may go undetected due to cloudy conditions or incomplete satellite pass.
- The regional haze situation is updated thrice daily at 0200 UTC, 0500 UTC and 0900 UTC upon activation of Alert Level 2. Updates at 0200 and 0500 UTC display hotspot information from night-time passes of the NOAA-20 satellite. Fewer hotspots were typically detected at night as fire activities usually peak during the day.
- Reprocessed satellite data will be availed at a later timing. The hotspot information derived from satellite data reprocessed may differ slightly from that received near real-time but reprocessing is necessary for better quality data.
- The 2500 ft winds (depicted by arrows) are model analysis winds.